Thursday 12 August 2021

The Rugby Game

 HI im going to be talking about my rugby game last week, on friday.

I play for Wainui Beach School, and last week our rugby game was a bit different, because we faced Cobham Elgin and Awapuni School, on the same day. This game was another grading game? it was an away game. We were playing our game at Awapuni school so Elgin would be going to Awapuni school as well. So my team would face Elgin first for 30 minutes so 15 minutes would be half time. After our game with Elgin we would play Awapuni and Elgin will watch on the side line when that game finished Elgin would face Awapuni.


The game started I wasn't on in till second half so I was just watching Reef catch the ball from the kick of, when I was not looking I heard lots of cheering!! and I look back at the game and see Reef get a run away try, let go!! the score was 5-0. 5 minutes later Momo got another TRY, and then Rori got a try a bit after that. 

When I got on the field I was ready. Bang as I kick the ball we chase after it. Bang,smack as I tackle someone. Awapuni had 4 tries already and we had 0. I catch the ball from the line out and I started to run, swish as I got thought a little gap. I was running as hard as I could. I had 6 people behind me and I got tackled 5 meters before the try line.


Oska blew over and then Rori pass the ball out to Cory, Cory caught the ball and ran straight- smack on the ground he got a try!!! Lets go!!!! At the end of the game the score was 35-5 to Awapuni and Elgin VS Wainui score 60-15. We had lots of fun we won one game and lots 1 game THE END.


1 comment:

  1. Dear Cash, I like your blog because it is very direct with what you were doing. I also like the language type that you used. One thaing that could be better would be many a bit better proofreading. I don't think TH is a word. Other wise I like your blog.
    Sincerely yours,
    Nathan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about